Here are some tips to help you reduce the amount of fat in your diet
- Steer clear of meats such as sausages, bacon and cured meats
- Venison (l know it’s expensive!) contains less than 2% fat compared to beef, lamb and pork.
- Don’t add fat when cooking meat, a descent non-stick frying pan is all you need.
- Don’t use mild varieties of cheese, always go for an extra mature as you need less to get the same taste.
- Make sure the oil is piping hot before adding ingredients as warm oil is absorbed into the food.
- Remember the hidden fats in those drinks, always use skimmed milk in latte, cappuccino or hot chocolate or simply have water or herbal teas instead.
- Don’t trust low or fat free products, they always contain more calories due to the thickeners and sugars added to boost flavour, always read the label.
- When using oil always measure out by using a teaspoon or tablespoon, this way you see how much you use.
I hope this helps you be more aware of the hidden fats in your diet and how to avoid them, helping you to lose weight and achieve a healthier diet.